Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I finished a project! Hooray!

I haven't been posting my progress on the Skull Tote because I didn't want to ruin the surprise for Jen, for whom I was making it. Today was the big day though, so I had to get it done! Happy Birthday Jen!

This bag wasn't too hard to make, although as my first foray into two-color knitting, it was a little stressful while doing the skull pattern. You have to twist the yarns together on every stitch, which means you have to move the balls of yarn on every stitch, otherwise they get all tangled. I learned a lot with this project, including intarsia knitting, three needle bind off, and i-cords. (For descriptions/videos of these wonderful techniques, check out knittinghelp.com.

Without further ado, the pictures!

Here is a shot of the bag pre-felting:


And a close-up of the skull pattern:


Here is a picture of Jen with the bag, after she opened it:


And finally, a close-up of the felted bag:


I meant to take a picture on the same table as the pre-felted picture, but I forgot before I packed up the bag to give to Jen. :) However, if you had seen that, you would see that the finished project was like 1/2 - 1/3 the size of the pre-felted bag. Just an important lesson that you should never machine wash your wool sweaters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home