Friday, April 08, 2005

Knitting Round-up

I thought I'd start out with an overview of all my current projects.

My main project right now is the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Here's a shot of my progress so far:

As you can see, I've done the body up to the armpits, and one whole sleeve. The other sleeve is about 8" or so along. Here's a close up of the lovely seaming of the body and finished sleeve:

Seaming is a pain in the butt!

I would be working on the sweater full-time, except that working with the small needle for the sleeves really hurts my fingers, so I have to take a break from it every so often to let them rest. So in the meanwhile, I'm working on a felted totebag made from Galway wool:

and the Honeymoon Cami:

With the Cami, I was intending to make it with the yarn called for in the pattern, which is GGH Mystik, but apparently I had a brain-fart when I was ordering yarn and ended up getting some knock-off called Mystik DK. It's ok though, because it was less than half the price and seems, from the pictures I've seen of the other, to be pretty much the same (same fiber content and everything).

There it is! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home