Sunday, November 06, 2005

What is it?

Much as Bubba is trying to cover it up in this picture:


It's a sock! (Well, the start of one at least):


Yeah, it's been a while since I've posted here. I wonder if anyone actually still reads this at all ^_^ I've still been knitting sporatically. Work takes up too damn much of my time =/

I saw this great sock yarn over on Marirob (scroll down to the stripey sock in the yarn called "beach"), and decided I must have some! Unfortunately, I've never knitted a sock before, and as it's kind of expensive, hand dyed yarn from the sweet shop, I decided that I should have a trial run with making socks first. So I went down to my friendly LYS and picked up some Artyarns supermerino and some size 1 dpns, and went to it!

The pattern is from here. There was some drama and swearing when trying to un-do the provisional cast-on, as the waste yarn had gotten worked into the sock yarn a bit, but with some clever crochet hooking and a large amount of patience (did I mention the swearing?), I got it straightened out, and it's been pretty much smooth sailing from there!

What's that, that one blurry picture of Bubba wasn't enough? Ok, here's Bubba sitting in a shoebox in the sun:

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 11:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I was just surfin blogs via the nav bar up top
and found yours (like and adventure). You write better
than many of the blogs I just went by, so have you
ever thought about trying to make a little money
blogging? Not tons, but I mean, just enough to
pay for some other things like webhosting or a car
payment, etc? Well, please do NOT confuse this with
the cr*ppy comment spam I see all over the place, but
I spotted a very cool free book on how to make money
blogging blogging and blogging some more..!

Hey, if you're gonna do it, you might as well get a LITTLE somethin' for it...!

Take care, and keep up the great writing,
Tiffany Burrell
How to Make Money Blogging Blogging
ps. No, that's NOT my real picture, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home