Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm back!

Er, so I never did get better about posting here. Oh well. That's partially because up until recently I hadn't been doing much knitting. Just wasn't feeling it I guess. But lately I have been knitting up a storm! I finished the watermelon socks (yay my first pair of finished socks!) but haven't had a chance to take a nice picture yet, so that update'll have to wait. In other news though:

It's a near-finished honeymoon cami! Yay! All that's left is to graft the straps together and weave in the ends. So close! And although I was worried about it being too big, it actually fits really really well! Another yay!

And of course since I finished the watermelon socks, I had to start another pair! So I started doing another toe-up sock with Regia Jubilee. The self-patterning yarn is fun! It's neat to see how it comes out as you go.


I got bored of just doing stockinette stitch socks though and decided to spice things up with a patterned sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. The pattern is "child's first sock" or something like that, and the yarn is Koigu KPM in, um, 1043? Something like that. I loooooove the koigu. It's so soft and, um, sproingy. (yes I made that word up but that's ok) I thought the yarn would be lighter blue, but I'm very happy with it because the color is sooo pretty. It looks like the ocean ^_^ I was going to call these my "seasocks" but then decided it sounded too much like seasick, and now they're ocean socks instead. The pattern even kinda looks like waves!


Let's see a closeup of that pattern:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home